We are kicking off this week strong with our Food For The Soul: Get Right 2021 Plan. This week’s goal is to get in at least 3 servings of vegetables each day and move!
Simple ways to get in your veggies:
- Add spinach to your breakfast smoothies
- Add grilled vegetables such as onions, bell peppers and shallots to your turkey burger
- For a snack have some chopped broccoli, cucumbers, carrots and celery with some hummus or a Greek yogurt based dip
- Swap out French fries for a sweet potato
- Add a side salad with your lunch or dinner meal
- Make a veggie omelet – simply scramble in your favorite veggies with eggs
Simple ways to get moving:
- Go for a walk right before work
- Get in a walk at lunch or on your 15 minute work break
- Every 2 hours get up and do a couple of laps around your house, apartment or place of work
- Take the stairs
- Go for a walk before or after dinner (with a friend of course – be safe)
- Mow an elderly neighbor’s yard
- Help paint a house of a neighbor who might need some help with bills this month
- Do push-ups and body weight squats at commercials when watching tv
When walking or running be sure to log your miles in the Racery app so we can root each other on. Please take photos of your healthy meals & workouts and post on social media so we can encourage one another and grow a movement in helping our neighbors throughout DFW. Be sure to tag Food For The Soul on Instagram at @FoodForTheSoul or on Facebook at Food For The Soul with the hashtag #FFTS.
If you have not yet registered to join our movement of Hope throughout DFW you can simply to so by going HERE. You will be able to log your miles and receive access to nutrition specialist and trainer, Gina Maria. Her e-mail is email@example.com. Each person who registers can e-mail her up to 3 questions a week regarding their nutrition and fitness plan/progress.
We are so thankful to partner with you and your health journey!
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people